Total Pageviews

Monday, July 18, 2011

CMT Music Awards

I was watching American Idol a few years back and after watching Carrie Underwood and Kellie Pickler perform I thought that I should give country Music a chance. After about a week of listening to 99.5 WYCD in the car on the way to school I got hooked on the music and I’m “Gone Country” as they say.  Today’s country is more rock and pop combined with a twist of old style country and the product is very entertaining. Some artists I enjoy are Jason Aldean, Kellie Pickler, Carrie Underwood, Zac Brown Band, and Julianne Hough. It's only natural to combine my love of Country Music and live concerts.

So that’s why I want to get on down to the CMT Music Awards in downtown Nashville, Tennessee. This award show and is televised live and awards are presented throughout the night to Country artists for Video of the Year, Performance of the Year, Duo Video of the Year, etc. Many performances can be seen of the most current Country hits which makes the event a huge concert of your favorite Country hits. You ready? Let's go!


2011 CMT Winners
Video of the Year - Taylor Swift "Mine"

Male Video of the Year - Blake Shelton "Who Are You When I'm Not Looking"

Female Video fo the Year - Miranda Lambert "The House That Built Me"

Group Video of the Year - Lady Antebellum "Hello World"

Duo Video of the Year - Sugarland "Stuck Like Glue"

USA Weekend Breakthrough Video of the Year - The Band Perry "If I Die Young"

Collaborative Video of the Year - Justin Bieber featuring Rascal Flatts "That Should Be Me"

CMT Performance of the Year - Zac Brown Band and Jimmy Buffet "Margaritaville" from CMT Crossroads: Jimmy Buffet and Zac Brown Band

Best Web Video of the Year - Blake Shelton "Kiss My Country Ass"

Vidoe Director of the Year - Trey Fanjoy

2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge Shania Twain fan! I saw here in concert back in 2004 and can't wait to see her again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bet she puts on a great concert. Shania is performing 10 concerts in Vegas this Decemeber. http://bit.ly/qoZeIc
    Sounds like a nice Christmas present!

    July 27, 2011 8:15 PM

    ReplyDelete