Total Pageviews

Monday, August 15, 2011

Football on a Pirate Ship!



In 1998, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers starting playing their home games at the new Raymond James Stadium. As a kid I thought it was the coolest stadium ever. Why is it cool? Well, the most obvious reason was the 103 foot pirate ship built right into the stands! The ship was created by the same company that makes props for Walt Disney World so you know the attention to detail you can expect. Don’t be alarmed when the ship fires its cannons. It usually means that the Bucs have scored either a touchdown which calls for 7 shots or a field goal in which 3 shots would be fired.


Raymond James Stadium is also located In Tampa, FL which would be a nice break from the Michigan winter during football season. I can see it now. Snow in the forecast all week in mid December, but it wouldn’t bother me as I’d be in warm and sunny Florida kicking back on a pirate ship watching football. In this case however I hope the cannons do not fire at all as I plan to follow my Detroit Lions on a road game down to Raymond James Stadium. The Lions face off against the Bucs this year down in Tampa, but the game is scheduled for mid September. You can bet your last dollar though that if a game is scheduled in the years to come between the Lions and Bucs at Raymond James Stadium in the cold months I’ll be down there watching a Lions victory. Maybe there will be a showdown this year in the playoffs! Go Lions!

4 comments:

  1. I would love to watch a Lion's game at this stadium. I once flew to Arizona to watch the Lions take on the Cardinals and made a golf trip out of it. Nice post and GO LIONS! SUPERBOWL BABY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me I will go attend the game with you!! Go Lions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I had no idea that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had such a sweet stadium, however I still think ford field is pretty sweet ! Fantasy football is just around the corner and I am hoping to pick up Calvin Johnson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty sweet indeed Matthew, but I know how you feel about Ford Field. Got to support your home team. Have you been to any other NFL stadiums? Cowboy Stadium looks amazing. It would also be a fun trip down to spend a few days in Dallas Here's a virtual tour of Cowboy Stadium. http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/multimedia.cfm

    ReplyDelete